Student to Student Coordinator
Winter 2020 (Immediate Hire)
This is a full-time equivalent position averaging approximately 30-35 hours per week with a full benefits package. Salary range $35,000 - $38,000
STUDENT TO STUDENT BACKGROUND:
Student to Student (STS) is a signature program of the JCRC. At its core, STS is a prosocial activity as Jewish students visit area high schools to engage non-Jewish peers by speaking informally about their Jewish lives. Jewish presenters introduce themselves, the high schools they attend, their interests and activities, and how they identify Jewishly. In between sharing their experiences and knowledge of Jewish lifecycle events, Shabbat practice, and Israel, participants also talk about hanging out with friends, their favorite movies, and their music preferences.
The Student to Student Coordinator will be the primary staff person overseeing the Student to Student program and will be responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing, and implementation of the program including recruitment of students, liaising with educational institutions, and coordinating all logistics of presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee strategy and implementation of Student to Student program, including:
o Recruiting student participants and host schools
o Forming student groups and identifying group leaders
o Organizing Orientation meeting and mid-year Winter Meeting
o Liaising with schools to schedule presentations and with group leaders to match student groups with appropriate presentations
o Overseeing all details of the presentations, including ensuring that student presenters have appropriate travel to presentations, confirming which student presenters will bring which props, etc.
o Attending presentations whenever possible and/or arranging for volunteer advisors to attend presentations when appropriate, collecting survey data from host schools, giving post-presentation feedback to participants
· Engage and mobilize stakeholders through regular communications, volunteer participation, and the STS Advisory Board
· Provide support for Student to Student fundraising efforts
· All other duties as assigned.
· Broad knowledge of Judaism, Israel, and Jewish community, values, history, heritage and culture
· Enthusiasm for working with teens from across the Jewish spectrum
· Passion for combatting and preventing antisemitism and dispelling stereotypes
· Ability to work collaboratively
· A strong track record as an implementer who is able to multi-task and prioritize
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to adapt and apply skills to new and changing scopes of work
· Flexibility, consideration, and a sense of humor
· Excitement about being part of an ambitious, growing, and quickly changing organization
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; databases; Facebook and Twitter as well as an ability, willingness, and desire to maintain skill level as technology advances
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Previous experience working in Jewish communal spaces and/or working with teens preferred.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to Maharat Rori Picker Neiss, Executive Director of JCRC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Communications Intern
Location: St. Louis, MO
Dates: Flexible, 12 weeks
Appx # of hours: 20 per week
· Develop and/or submit press releases, op-eds, and photos to the local news outlets
· Curate content for the weekly newsletters through Mailchimp
· Update the website with relevant news stories and upcoming events
· Collect metrics for use in evaluation and determining effectiveness
· Assist with development of strategic marketing and promotion for events
· Assist with developing flyers and marketing materials for events
· Assist with maintaining the social media accounts
· Assist with maintenance of CRM database
Key Skills and Requirements:
· Communications, Marketing or Public Relations background
· Strong communication and writing skills
· Interest in social justice and advocacy
· Fluent with Microsoft Office and Google applications
· Working knowledge of mass communication services, such as Mailchimp
Hours and Availability:
· Flexible work schedule, but some in-office hours and special events assistance is required.
Send your resume and cover letter detailing your previous experience and why you are a good candidate for the position to Alyssa Banford at email@example.com.