Join JCRC St. Louis' passionate team.
Communications and Engagement Coordinator
20-25 hrs/wk | Hybrid
$24-26 per hour
The Communications and Development Coordinator will work in collaboration with the staff to oversee the development and implementation of JCRC’s communications strategy, including web site, social media, newsletters, press releases, and blog. Additionally, they will support the development and implementation of effective donor stewardship engagement. They will also provide administrative and technical support for events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in partnership with staff, draft and distribute external communications to advance JCRC’s mission and vision, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Develop strategic marketing and promotion for events, including flyers.
- Develop and/or submit press releases, op-eds, and photos to the local news outlets for events.
- Curate content for the weekly newsletters through Constant Contact.
- Manage interface between Donor Perfect and Constant Contact to target communications.
- Update the website with relevant news stories and events.
- Collect metrics for use in evaluation and determining effectiveness.
- Assist in the development and execution of grant proposals.
- Maintain social media accounts.
- In support of the Director of Operations support develop campaign activities (including donor communications), maintain CRM (Donor Perfect); and produce timely thank you notes and other cultivation activities; and generate CRM reports.
- In support of the Program Manager, assist with the planning and implementation of community engagement events including Interfaith Seder and Tzedek Awards
- Support meetings and events with room reservations, room/food set-up, and name-tags as necessary
- Assist with banking, postage and other retail needs.
- Order supplies.
- Assist with office technology for meeting support (hybrid meetings, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated with ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize needs, and follow through in a timely manner.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, ever-changing, and creative environment effectively and efficiently.
- Extremely detail-oriented with superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to adapt and apply skills to new and changing scopes of work.
- Flexibility, consideration, and a sense of humor.
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) database experience, Donor Perfect preferred.
- Experience in Communications and specifically in managing social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Adobe Creative Suite; databases; WordPress; Facebook and Twitter. Should also have an ability, willingness and desire to maintain skill level as technology advances.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in non-profit development, communications, and/or organizational administration.
- Previous experience with a non-profit organization preferred.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to Rori Picker Neiss, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and non-binary people, as well as other structurally marginalized groups, apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate for the position.
The JCRC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, family responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans, and people of color are encouraged to apply.