Ways to Take Action During COVID-19
1. Volunteer with the Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry. They still need volunteers to help organize shelves, stock food, checking in pantry guests, and more. Drop-off donations are also highly encouraged to help keep the shelves stocked for homes in need.
2. Donate to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis' Community Response Fund. This fund provides urgently needed assistance to vulnerable people in Jewish communities throughout the greater St. Louis area and beyond.
3. Support the United Way's COVID-19 Response. With their 2-1-1 Response Program and local partners, the United Way is able to offer a multitude of programs including food resources, personal care, baby supplies, hygiene items, and access to health resources and childcare services.
4. Volunteer with one of the many Emergency Volunteer Opportunities with the United Way From delivering meals to collecting supplies, there is a volunteer opportunity for everyone.
5. Get involved with Operation Food Search. From donating to writing letters, there are plenty of opportunities to help.
6. Remember to fill out your 2020 Census! You can respond online, by phone, or by mail. Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year, and can shape many different aspects of your community.
7. Sign up for our Advocacy Newsletter to receive updates and action alerts on proposed legislation. Just because we are practicing social distancing, does not mean we cannot still be active in government activities!
8. Vote in the upcoming August election. Missouri Amendment 2 for Medicaid expansion is among the vital issues on the ballot this election. JCRC is hard at work to secure absentee ballots for the St. Louis community. Use these links to learn more about Medicaid Expansion and JCRC's Notary Initiative.